Riding for the Disabled Association of Western Australia – Carine Group Inc. combines the transformative power and the therapeutic effects of horse riding. This is achieved by the provision of equestrian activities that expand the horizons, develop the abilities and enrich the lives of individuals with disabilities and special needs.
RDA Carine activities include therapeutic, recreational and educational riding, vaulting and Hippotherapy and Ready Set Trot programs.
The warmth and three dimensional movement of the horse is transferred to the rider’s body, making it more relaxed and supple, strengthening core stability and improving balance, posture and co-ordination.
We currently offer riding sessions Mondays through to Saturday mornings and Hippotherapy sessions on a Monday and Wednesday morning during the school term situated at 77 Monyash Road, Carine.
Benefits of RDA
- Improved balance
- Strengthening of core muscle groups
- Improved coordination of both fine and gross motor reflexes
- Improved respiration and circulation
- Sensory integration
- Improvement of hand/eye coordination
- Increased range of joint mobility
- General sense of well being
- Improved self confidence
- Emotional control and self-discipline
- Increased interest in the outside world
- Sense of achievement
- Remedial reading and mathematics
- Sequencing, patterning and motor planning
- Visual spatial awareness
- Development of respect and love for animals
More info on RDA Carine
To find out more information on who we are, Click here
To find out how to get involved, Click here
Covid-19 update February 2021
The centre are following all Federal and State Government guidelines and health directives to ensure a safe and hygienic environment for all of our riders, volunteers, staff and spectators. We thank you enormously for all of your understanding as we implement the necessary changes to our operations.